Sigourney Weaver’s Villainous Role In Marvel And Netflix’s THE DEFENDERS May Have Been Confirmed

We knew that Sigourney Weaver’s mysterious Alexandra will be the primary antagonist in Marvel and Netflix’s The Defenders, but we weren’t sure excatly what role she’d play in prompting the four heroes to team-up to put a stop to her machinations. The prevailing theory has always been that she’s somehow connected to The Hand (perhaps even the human vessel of The Beast?), and it sounds like that will indeed be the case.

During an interview with International Business Times, costume designer Stephanie Maslansky seemingly confirmed that Alexandra commands The Hand:

I think that she’s clearly a baddie, and she’s the head of an ancient organization which is grounded in the comics. I hope that her wardrobe reflects that kind of ancientness. I hope I haven’t said too much. I hope Marvel doesn’t come after me.

Though Maslansky doesn’t mention this ancient organization by name, it’s pretty obvious who she’s talking about. Not a huge surprise by any means, and we clearly still have a lot to learn about this character, but there you go.

Source: comicbookmovie.com

Marvel’s The Defenders | Official Trailer

2017 Lincoln Center Theater Benefit Celebration

   

Exclusive ‘Alien’ Trailer With Sigourney Weaver And Stephen Colbert

‘Avatar 2’ to Begin Shooting This Fall, Says Sigourney Weaver

Production on the Avatar sequel is set to begin in the fall, according to Sigourney Weaver.

We’re starting!” the actress excitedly told The Hollywood Reporter at a screening of The Assignment, held Monday night at New York City’s Whitby Hotel. “We’re starting training, and we’re starting — hmm, I probably can’t say anything. We will be actually shooting it by the fall.

James Cameron has previously noted that the scripts of all four Avatar films are completed, and stars Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana are also set to return alongside Weaver. But fans were disappointed to hear that the second film would not be ready for a 2018 release date. Though the sequel to the 2009 sci-fi blockbuster, which grossed $2.7 billion at the global box office, had not officially been dated, it was expected for Christmas 2018.

Yet Weaver reassures that audiences’ patience will be rewarded in time.

I’m telling you, these scripts are so amazing, I’m not worried about [disappointing fans] at all,” she told THR. “Am I worried about how we’re going to bring them to life? Yes, because they’re so ambitious. They’re so worth it. They’re well worth waiting for. I’m not worried about that at all. We’re trying to get it done as quickly as possible.

Source: hollywoodreporter.com

Sigourney Weaver Went Island Hopping To Avoid Trump News

Sigourney Weaver, Walter Hill Talk About New Thriller ‘The Assignment’ | TODAY

Walter Hill and Sigourney Weaver Discuss “The Assignment” (BUILD Series)

Ridley Scott Says the Next ‘Alien’ Movie Is Already Written

Ridley Scott likes to move fast. Which, for his age and for the kinds of movies he makes, is kind of incredible. At 79 the guy is churning out almost a movie a year, but these aren’t Woody Allen comedies or Clint Eastwood dramas—they’re big, brash blockbusters like Prometheus and Exodus: Gods and Kings and The Martian. He most recently completed the Prometheus follow-up Alien: Covenant, and while Scott has talked in the past about continuing on with the franchise, he’s now saying the sequel to Covenant is already written and ready to go.

Buried in the bottom of a set visit report from the Sydney Morning Herald (via AVP Galaxy) is the news that Scott is ready to get moving on an Alien: Covenant sequel:

While working on Alien: Covenant, he had the next installment written so he is ready to keep advancing the saga.
“You’ve got to assume to a certain extent success and from that you’d better be ready,” he says. “You don’t want a two-year gap. So I’ll be ready to go again next year.”

It’s unclear when this interview was conducted (our set visit took place in 2016), so by “next year” he could mean 2017—meaning production could begin later this year.

Back in 2015, Scott said there would be two more Alien movies after Alien: Covenant, saying they would be “origin stories” that would answer “very basic questions” that were posed in Alien regarding who might have made it and where it came from. But before Prometheus was released, Scott was talking up sequels that would venture further away from the Alien franchise, focusing on Noomi Rapace and Michael Fassbender’s characters as they set off to find the home world of the Engineers. It doesn’t look like that’s the case in Covenant, which is yet another riff on a human crew encountering the alien threat, so it’s possible those plans have changed.

What Scott does seem to be consistent about over the past couple years is saying he intends for these movies to wrap around and connect back to the original Alien, leading right up to the events of Ripley and the original crew. When exactly that happens, what Covenant has to do with it, and even who wrote this Covenant sequel are still unanswered questions, but Scott seems to be in this thing for the long haul after taking a lengthy break from the sci-fi genre following Blade Runner.

What this also means is that Neill Blomkamp’s own Alien sequel is probably dead, or at the very least in a state of cryofreeze. The District 9 filmmaker shared some fan art of his online ahead of the release of Chappie and subsequently made a deal with Fox to actually turn his idea into reality—a film that would pick up after the events of Aliens and bring Sigourney Weaver and Michael Biehn back into the franchise. At that time Scott was busy with The Martian and it was unclear if/when Prometheus 2 would happen, but Blomkamp’s movie lit a fire under Scott, who subsequently forged ahead with Alien: Covenant and ensured that his movie would be made before Blomkamp’s. We’ve since heard nothing official about Blomkamp’s Alien sequel, and with Scott already gearing up to make the next Alien movie, we may not for quite some time.

Source: collider.com

Sigourney Weaver to Host Lincoln Center Awards for Emerging Artists

Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts has announced that two-time Golden Globe winner and Oscar and Tony nominee Sigourney Weaver will host its upcoming Lincoln Center Awards for Emerging Artists presentation on March 1. The evening will honor winners from across the performing arts, including filmmakers, musicians, and theatre artists.

Weaver joins Katherine Brown, Danny Burstein, Laura Osnes, and Desmond Richardson, who will perform at the ceremony. The awards night will be held at the Stanley H. Kaplan Penthouse.

The 2017 winners are Calidore String Quartet (Chamber Music Society); filmmaker Dustin Guy Defa (Film Society of Lincoln Center); soprano Kiera Duffy (Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts); dancer Joseph Gordon (New York City Ballet); violinist and concertmaster Frank Huang (New York Philharmonic); violinist Paul Huang (The Juilliard School); playwright Michael R. Jackson (Lincoln Center Theater); saxophonist Julian Lee (Jazz at Lincoln Center); singer-songwriter-actress Grace McLean (Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts); baritone Yunpeng Wang (The Metropolitan Opera); director, producer, and performer Ben West (The New York Public Library for the Performing Arts); and dancer Andres Zuniga (School of American Ballet).

The awardees we honor this year follow in the steps of former honorees, such as the great cellist Alisa Weilerstein, renowned choreographer Christopher Wheeldon, and Oscar-winning filmmaker Laura Poitras. The members of this class have already contributed great works of music, theater, dance, and film to the Lincoln Center campus and beyond, and we are delighted to help them pursue new projects that will undoubtedly challenge, stimulate, and inspire us,” commented William H. Donaldson, co-chair of the Emeritus Board of Lincoln Center, in a press statement.

Source: playbill.com

Post Archive:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5